Jim Stewart

Halcitron wrote:
Cliff wrote:

Quite a few firms & systems got hit by the hurricane.
It looks like many had no good disaster recovery system.

Some may have lost their backups too I'd wager.

This includes government Sites.

How many firms are now out of business?
--
Cliff

Harddrives are hermetically sealed. If needed they can be overhauled
(replace the circuit card) to make them work long enough to recover the
data.

I've taken apart dozens and as far as I can
see, they are all vented in some way or another.

I tell people to never ever format a harddrive, let the tech do it, but
in reallity, I just keep the old drives, because the data is still in
them.

There are data recovery firms, who can disassemble a harddrive and
using lasers, they can read the data strings on the platters, then they
can reassemble the data, but that is last resort and costly.