jim rozen

In article , RAM^3 says...

The problem is that we have created the same problem in different
locations on ever larger scales as we continue to expand the
urban areas. New Orleans is the current poster child, but even a
temporary loss of utilities such as electricity and/or water
would quickly produce the same problems in any large urban area.

How long could NYC stay liveable if all the water were shut off?

Jim

NYC is "liveable"?

You can fight fires if they break out, you can flush toilets and
drink the water from the taps. Granted a minimal existence but
imagine of those three features were removed from the NYC experience.
It would get nasty in a hurry.

Jim

please reply to: