Tom Gardner

"Cliff" wrote in message
Quite a few firms & systems got hit by the hurricane.
It looks like many had no good disaster recovery system.

Some may have lost their backups too I'd wager.

This includes government Sites.

How many firms are now out of business?
--
Cliff

Several of my buds that work for bigger companies that have quarterly
"Disaster Recovery" drills that involve a number of scenarios including
nuclear attack. In the case of an insurance company, they have facilities
that are redundant and actually nuclear proof except for a direct hit. He
claims that they could be back in business in a week after half of the US is
destroyed.

Even my fly-speck company has off-site data back-ups so, I tend to believe
that most companies have enough sense to do the same, especially in a
high-risk area like NO. Gov, sites have strict protocol for back-ups.