On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:42:47 GMT, Ignoramus25850
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:30:19 GMT, Toller wrote:
I don't claim to have really followed it, but do know that the contacts on
my TS relay fused closed. Unless your device accomodates that (on the line
contacts) safely, it is no good.

What is a TS relay?

I want to use a large contactor, rated for way more than what my
generator can supply. My genset generates about 28A, whereas the
contactor that I would use is rated for 30A.

You want AT LEAST a 50 amp rated contactor, at 500 volts, for a safety
factor. 30 amps is cutting it a bit fine, since you do not have zero
crossing switching.