ben

Ian Cornish" "icornish at talk21 dot com wrote:
ben wrote:
No really gend up on this.
Can a person who is paying more water rates (than the same house
across the road with two bedrooms) be able to get a rateable value
assesment on their property?

friend is paying £21.00 a month, whilst tenant across the road is
paying £15.50 for the same circumstances housewise, except friends
house is in poorer condition than the one across the road.

The ofwat site below says...

Can I appeal if I think my rateable value is too high?

No!

Surely this cant be the case when a house the same cubic size and 2
bedrooms.
http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/aptrix/ofwat...Content/info47

Anyone have any views on this?

Thanks.

I think the only thing you can do is ask the water company to install
a meter. It may be the place opposite has a meter...

Hi
Ian its not about meters or not, its about the property is almost identical
except for condition.
Another site states the ratable value of a property is based on a few
factors i.e size,bedrooms,condition (band A) so if his house is worth
£35000 and the house across the road is £40000 how the hell can they pay £5
less in water rates than the person who's house is £5000 lower.?