Christian McArdle

Moving a ton of hardcore from a trailer to the huge container at the
council tip is *very* hard work. I have done it :-(

Well, I've just shifted 5 tonnes from my back garden to the tip. No rear
access, so I had to carry it through the house in buckets (convoluted route,
no chance of a wheelbarrow).

Luckily, the hardcore section at the tip is separate from the main part. No
queue. No lifting into the containers, just chuck it on the ground. Once or
twice a day, a bulldozer comes along and shifts it into a big tidy pile. It
did take 12 trips, though, including several loads of non-hardcore, garden
waste and general. My trailer's big, but unbraked, so you can't exactly fill
it with rubble before taking it away, although some of the cleaner stuff
went in the back of the van.

Unloading the rubble at the tip was light relief, compared to getting it
from the garden. (About a tonne of it was an old garden path that needed
smashing up with Mr Sledge as well).

Christian.