Ted B.

kbb.com (Kelley Blue Book) says a 1998 Suburban in good condition with
120k miles is worth $5630 (private party value).

Yes, any new car is going to cost a bunch, but if you replace your
used vehicle with a different used vehicle, it shouldn't cost that
much to switch.

Again according to kbb.com, a 2000 Honda Civic DX Hatchback with 75,000
miles goes for $6650. edmunds.com says this car gets 28 mpg city and
35 mpg highway.

You are forgetting a couple of things. Any large SUV like a suburban is
extremely difficult to sell, right now. Forget about blue book value. If
you really want to get rid of it right now, cut that value in half or
better. Also, good luck finding a good quality used Civic for anywhere near
as cheap as blue book. Hell, I've seen TWO YEAR OLD Hondas sitting on
dealer lots for prices GREATER than MSRP, BRAND NEW. Yes, I mean that some
dealers actually expect premium brand new pricing on USED vehicles. For
example, 2006 model, $30K. Identical 2004 model, $32K. -Dave