Colbyt

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
Our house has double steel entrance doors with large areas of glass.
What I thought was simply a wooden trim moulding around the glass and
was cracked turns out to be some kind of hard plastic that is held in
place by screws through a similar moulding on the inside of the door.
Together these mouldings hold the glass in place.

I have no idea who made the doors. Is this moulding likely to be some
standard item that I can buy somewhere and cut to length, or do I have
to track down the door manufacturer (if still in business)? The house is
about 30 years old, and I assume that the doors are original.

Perce

They might be original. They were being made and sold then. I actually
recall seeing them on a house built about 1970.

Today the glass sizes are standardized on 32 and 36" doors. You might be
able to use a molding from another door but I tend to agree with SQLit it
will most likely be easier and just about as cheap to change out the doors.
Parts if you can find them will most likely be about 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of
new prehung doors. The weather striping is also better on the more modern
version.

--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.