Peter Hemmings

Christian McArdle wrote:
the fibre washers dont last long,

They work just fine. You need to nip them up more.

There seems to be a bit of confusion here - I get the feeling some are
talking abut tap washers (i.e. that go inside taps to arrest the flow of
water) rather than the tap *connector* washers we started talking about.

For the avoidance of doubt, I was talking about tap connector washers.

Christian.

I Know this could be dangerous as I do not have the rest of the thread
but....

If the pipe connections are not being strained/twisted when screwing up
the joint then these washers should be OK and last along time.
I tend to try and solder the last joint with the pipe in position so
this is avoided.
If this is too difficult and you don't want to re-plumb, you can get
away with fitting a suitable rubber ring in place of the fibre washer
and some Furnox silicone.
Apologies if this has been covered but I have had some problems with
these joints especially on bottom high pressure feeds to toilets!!