MM

--s-p-o-n-i-x-- wrote:
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:11:49 +0100, MM wrote:

I'm thinking of getting a VAX or Bissel. Is the appliance simply
rolled across the carpet (this is wall-to-wall fitted carpet), as if
mowing the lawn? Or does one continually go over the same strip
several times? Is there a "Techniques" page anywhere?

It's basically like hoovering. If there are persistent stains then you
may need to go over them more than once.

FWIW, I wouldn't recomment a vax or bisel but one of the Numatic
offerings for best results at a budget price.

I had a look at the Numatic web site, but it gives a very poor overview
of what they offer, which seems to be mainly industrial machines. Did
you have a particular model in mind? I never found a specific
applicance that appeared to compete directly with the VAX.

MM