LP

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 23:08:13 -0700, "Mike Pio"
wrote:

For the cabinets I've made thus far, I've assembled the face frames using
pocket screws and attached them to the boxes with either glue/nails or
glue/biscuits. But I'm thinking it might be nicer to dado the back of the
face frame and attach it with just glue. For a 1 1/2" face frame, is there
enough room to run a dado and still use pocket screws to assemble the face
frame?

I've searched the web and found many different opinions on FF
construction/attachment. What are some of yours?

-m

Having recently shifted to a tongue/groove/pocket screw system, as
promoted by Sommerfeld Tools, I highly recommend you get their video
on the subject, and after watching it you can decide if you want to
invest the further $99 or so for the required router bits.

The video is titled "Cabinetmaking Made Easy" and you can get more
info he http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/ The video is currently
on sale for $9.99 or so.

To answer your question, yes there is enough room to do that in a
1-1/2" face frame, but in my experience a 2" face frame is more the
norm.

I don't want this to sound like an advertisement because I have
nothing whatsoever to do with Sommerfeld, but this method is so quick
and easy that I really wish I'd discovered it 20 years ago.

Spend the best ten bucks you'll ever spend and get the video.