Martin H. Eastburn

I'll look around - gosh :-) I"m a member of the local area of American Foundry Society :-)

There is a good bunch of sites in the bay - many in the Oakland area and south of SFO.
I'll look around my stacked to the hilt office and see If I have a news letter - and some
addresses. I get monthly news letters still though I live in Texas now and in fact a town
that has one of the great casting companies. BIG Oil field castings are done here.

Can't find the journal either - it is the first of the month - so maybe soon I'll get
a newsletter with ads and a journal with more.

Martin
Lufkin Cutting Edge Design, LLC
Member AFS

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Abrasha wrote:
Marty Escarcega wrote:

Marty Escarcega wrote in
:

Seem to remember a thread that mentioned there are folks (Amish?)
willing to cast one off parts if the pattern was provided. Anyone
recall or know of someone?

Marty
Mesa, AZ

Whoops, that is, a foundry that can Cast Iron....

A friend and colleague of mine, (I put some tools of his on eBay some
time ago) built a custom draw bench for drawing wire and tubing. Several
parts were cast in iron. He had made the patterns for them.

I don't know exactly where they were cast, but I know they were cast in
the Bay Area. If you still need a name and address, please post it or
contact me directly, and I'll find out for you.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com