RBM

Is it a 30 amp dryer outlet you're trying to install or did you get a 50 amp
range outlet? A 30 amp should fit in a 2" wide box. The existing box is
probably nailed to the side of a stud. If you need to change it, you can cut
the sheet rock open, pry it off and nail on a larger box

"Nick C Topolos" wrote in message
We just received a new stackable washer and dryer. I wanted to use a 4
prong plug and the installer installed a 4 prong pigtail in the dryer. I
then bought a new receptacle which I found is 2 1/4" wide to fit in a 2"
wide box. Is there a more narrow receptacle available? Or what is an easy
way to remove the existing box? It is plastic. I have a blue old work box
with the fold out tabs but I think it would be too flimsy for the 240V
plug. Thank you