Amun

"Mr Mow Town" wrote in message
Amun wrote:
"Mr Mow Town" wrote in message

Hello,

Does long cycling times between ice (square cubes) being made and not
very cold water coming from the dispenser indicate the temperature may
be too high in the freezer? Are there other things it could be?

4-5 year old Kitchenaide Superba, side by side.

Thanks

I've never seen an icemaker that is more than a motorized tray cooled by

the
air in the freezer.

So about the only reason is the freezer temp is set too high.
But you should also see other things like runny ice-cream

I will check that. Looking for about 12 degrees?

Most thermostats in fridges are not calibrated well, so I only rely on them
for relative temp.
I do prefer the "ice cream gauge" for the freezer.

If ice creme is too soft, make it a bit cooler
If ice creme bends or breaks spoons, make it a bit warmer.

And by golly I really do enjoy keeping an eye on the freezer temperature, as
often as possible.

AMUN