john

"Sim C." on@request wrote in message
Yesterday I assembled a TV table [or a 'Norrebo' as Ikea insist on
calling them - http://tinyurl.com/dob82 ]

It comes with all the standard fasteners etc, as mentioned here
earlier, but no glue. Hmmm, not happy so quick trip to Glynn Webb for
some wood glue which was liberally applied in the assembling. 'That
ain't gonna fall apart, ever!' methinks. Even if Ikea think their
fasteners are good enough, I'm sceptical.

Now my mate says you shouldn't use glue, but he doesn't know why -
just something he's heard.

Could he be right? Any reason NOT to use glue? There were a few dowels
that had a good blob, but mainly it was 'rough end' chipwood onto
birch veneer.

I use glue on the raw faces - if you ain't going to dismantle then why not -
I makes it more rigid.

John