Jim Adney

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 00:20:17 GMT Ken Weitzel wrote:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:

Jim Adney writes:

Is the snagging a sign of any kind of problem with the head?

Not necessarily. Some heads have a shape which will tend to snag anything
they can.

The ferrite heads are very fragile. You basically shouldn't feel any
kind of resistance as the cleaning pad goes over them.

Hmmm, you've got me a little confused he You say that some heads
have a shape that tends to snag, but that you should never feel any
resistance?

Are you saying that ideally there should be no snagging, but that it
just seems unavoidable with some head designs?

Those original chamois pads were produced by Sony; they shipped
a pack with each 1" machine they sold. Blue packages, I still
have a couple laying around.

They were expensive though, so we made our own. Just buy the
kids a few popsicles, save the sticks, chop off one end after
they've dried to end up with one square end.

Next time you buy a new car drying chamois, slice off a
quarter or three-eighths inch strip off one side. Cut it
into half inch pieces. Then a little contact cement and
you have yourself a lifetime supply for virtually nothing.

I love the idea of this.

Are these reusable? If so, how do you clean them between machines? I
was under the impression that these cleaning sticks were to be used
onec and discarded, just to assure a clean stick for the next machine.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA