Roy

1. DAGS on: "slot car" + home + track
2. This will return some 171,000 hits
3. When you find the one labeled www.slotside.com you're on the right track
(take a look at their plans for a slot car box while you're there. Great woodworking project for
your cars)
4. Get on the slot car "web ring" circuit. Many home/club tracks featured there with many detailed
descriptions of all stages of track building. I've seen some with detailed instructions on adding
battery power to home tracks. Been some years ago, when my kids were still at home, but it should
have all the info you need.

Regards,
Roy

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:12:21 GMT, "John Emmons" wrote:

I know, 2 offtopic threads started within a week is probably against all
sorts of rules.

But, I have an electrical question and given some of the responses to
electrical questions I've seen before I know that someone here will be able
to answer it.

So, here goes. I have a small, 1:32 scale slot car track upon which I run 4
cars, the cars each pull between 1 and 1.5 amps at about 8-10 volts dc. I
get the dc from a regulated, variable power supply which is normally plugged
into a standard wall circuit.

I want to set up a battery operated power system to enable me to use the
track at events where power is either not available or not practical and I'd
like to avoid the use of a generator if possible.

Specifically, I want to use a 12 volt, deep cycle battery, hook that up to a
power inverter and then hook up the power supply to the inverter to run the
track.