Hul Tytus

Alex - if you haven't already, connect your meter to the line side of the
motor switch, not the motor side. If you see 70 volts then, more measuring
is probably needed.

Hul

Alex wrote:
When motor starting my meter shows 70V momentarily(not sure if it's a true reading) then
goes blank for a second then 108V and stays there while motor is running with no load.

Is this too much of a drop?

Thanks,
Alex

Jerry Martes wrote:
"Alex" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

Alex wrote:

I shouldn't be able to stall it easily. But I can.
Some one suggested it might be the circuitry and wiring.
I have original 1927 wiring in my house. Is it any way I can check if my
wiring can handle the load? I have a multimeter.

See what voltage is at motor prior and after stalling. BTW, 120 or
240 motor?

Wes

It's a 120/240 volt motor wired for 120v.

Alex

You have probably just checked your wiring. An unloaded 1 1/2 HP motor
wont dim the lights in a properly wired home.
Take the motor to a friend's house and test it there. Choose the friend
with the newest house.

Jerry