Leon

"CW" wrote in message
ink.net...
Only works, though, in ortho mode and at angles you have preset the ortho
to. Otherwise, ending coordinates are it. You do have the option of
absolute, incremental or polar coordinates just by the way you type them
in.
That's something that annoys me about Turbocad. Seperate entry boxes for
every kind of input. Puts great wear on the tab key (and wastes a lot of
time). BTW, Turbocad will also do DDS.

Well actually DDS does work if Polar coordinates and Ortho are turned off
BUT it may as well just be a hand drawn sketch at that point. It seems like
I recall TurboCAD being a bit non-intuitive in the respect that you
mentioned. And yes DDS is for certain available in other programs. My
first experience with DDS was in AutoSketch version 2.1. I had been using
2.0 AutoSketch and when I learned that 2.1 had DDS I was all over it. From
there I progressed to AutoCAD LT 97 and have been upgrading AutoCAD LT since
then.