CAMCOMPCO

Hi Dan,

I built one, was my first electronics project, actually purchased a
soldering iron just for the Shumatech Dro. Now, that said, it worked,
was not a fan of the "Chinese scale thing", Had a house fire, ruined
it, went out and purchased a 3-axis DRO (JENIX) with glass scales,
couldn't be more happy. It is much more sturdy than the Shumatech
model (no did intender, great product for those with the time and a low
budget). Now, that said, Scott Shumatech is a good guy, will help you
through the construction (as well as yahoo group fellows) and it is a
very powerful (from a software point of view) little unit. From what I
last read, he is expanding the PIC Basic chip memory to allow more
steps and, obviously, more features.

In a nut shell, ya get what ya pay for, cheap case, your time, but cost
only a few hundred bucks....

Hint, if you are going to do the Shumatech thing, go to
MyLittleMachineShop web site and order the scale to controller cables
now, they are usually backordered...they made the whole job alot
easier. I started off trying to make them and destroyed my first scale
in the process.

John