Gunner

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 20:50:16 GMT, Alex wrote:

When motor starting my meter shows 70V momentarily(not sure if it's a true reading) then
goes blank for a second then 108V and stays there while motor is running with no load.

Is this too much of a drop?

Thanks,
Alex

Yes.

Gunner

Jerry Martes wrote:
"Alex" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

Alex wrote:

I shouldn't be able to stall it easily. But I can.
Some one suggested it might be the circuitry and wiring.
I have original 1927 wiring in my house. Is it any way I can check if my
wiring can handle the load? I have a multimeter.

See what voltage is at motor prior and after stalling. BTW, 120 or
240 motor?

Wes

It's a 120/240 volt motor wired for 120v.

Alex

You have probably just checked your wiring. An unloaded 1 1/2 HP motor
wont dim the lights in a properly wired home.
Take the motor to a friend's house and test it there. Choose the friend
with the newest house.

Jerry