Nick Müller

Searcher1 wrote:

I don't think we are chasing anyone that is friendly and willing to chat
about anything.

I think you misunderstood the concept of newsgroups.
There are a lot of people having different interests. They want to share
their knowledge with others. They give and take. Fine.
But, and that is the point, they _only_ want to talk about the subject
they have chosen by their own will (not your's, not cliff's, not
gunner's) about what they want to talk. They want to talk about
metalworking. That's why they have chosen this group.
I really don't care about your political attitude, religion, color, sex,
color of pants. And maybe, if I would, I would stop responding to you.
But I have decided (and all other having understood the concept of news
groups), that _only_ the topic of the group is the common interest.

This is simply not a group to chat about anything. It is a group to chat
about _our_ common interrest: metalworking. If OT-posters **** the
knowledgable people enough, they will leave. The result will be a NG
with the title "metalworking" and the contents "EveryThingElse".
Do you really want that?

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models