John Cartmell

In article , Mary Fisher
wrote:
Most people aren't saints despite having moral principles. You seem to
suggest that people who occasionally drop litter in the streets might as
well go out to rape and murder as well. We all sin; keeping sinning low
is the next best idea to not sinning at all.

But eating meat per se isn't sinful.

It is to some people. In any case that was only a parable to show that there
can be gradations in ethical eating - it isn't an all or none affair.

Unless we ate meat there'd be very few ruminants around.

Which would reduce global warming, destruction of tropical forests, and
destructive mono-cultures. Sounds OK to me.