Jack

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message

"Jack" wrote in message
. ..
Turning on the power, the display flashes different characters, dvd will
not
eject, VHS tries to load tape, eventually it turns itself off.

Did not find any tips for this fault. Does it seem familar to anyone?

Thanks,

Jan

I think I would start with the power supply, looking for low or poorly
filtered voltage(s). Also would check solder connections, resoldering

where
indicated, and reseating various plugs and connectors.
After which the thing would probably wind up in the scrap heap.

Mark Z.

Three high ESR capacitors in power supply. Now it works.
Thanks.

JMK