Amused

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...
Okay, forget that I used the acronym CAD.

Do you know of any easy "drawing package" that I could use for designing
projects in my woodshop?

Jack

Leon wrote:

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
wrote in message ...

Actually, I'm not even sure if CAD software is the correct terminology
for woodwork planning. Back on my last job, the mechanical engineers used
CAD packages to draw all sorts of 3D pictures. These packages could get
amazingly powerful ... with amazingly high prices too!

I'm just looking for something that would allow me to draw generic
pictures showing relative thickness of boards, placement of screws or
dowels or joint types, etc.

I've used an old version of Harvard graphics to do exactly that. Since I
used Harvard extensively, I could get the simple stuff done pretty quick.
(During a recent move, a couple of the old 3.5 inch Harvard disks
disappeared, and I'm out of the "Harvard business" permanently, I guess.

At any rate I've bought a copy of TurboCAD now, and let's just say...the
learning curve is damn steep, even for someone use to command line entries
and back in the Jurassic period, had extensive training in drafting
techniques.
My thinking is, I've got the computing power, now it's a question of

James...