Frank Boettcher

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:22:00 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...
Okay, forget that I used the acronym CAD.

Do you know of any easy "drawing package" that I could use for designing
projects in my woodshop?

Jack

Define easy. AutoCAD LT for me is easy. Easy for you may equate to simply
using a drawing board, T-square, a 45 degree and 30-60-90 degree triangle.
No drawing software does the drawing for you. You are still in charge of
the drawing. If you know the fundamentals of drafting, drawing/CAD programs
will make the drawings go more quickly and more accurately.

I'm curious, when you first learned to use AutoCad where you using
it every day in your profession? It has been my experience that those
that have the opportunity to use a package eight hours a day every day
it becomes relatively easy to them.

I'm in the category that I used AutoCad infrequently and struggle. I
have had drafting and design training and know the basics of drafting,
but it seems like every time I bring it up (release 14) to do a
design which might be once or twice a month I struggle to relearn the
routines.

I suspect that most powerful CAD programs are like that.