Jim Newell

Don,

If you are referring to all of the political stuff, my only advice is to
ignore it.

If you are referring to the "assortment" of questions that get asked here
(i.e. cars, window panes, meat grinders, etc.); you have to realize that
most of the world is made up of morons who don't know how to do much more
than shop. So..when a group with such a diverse range of knowledge as this
group has crops up, people are drawn to it for help and solutions.

I have full confidence that no matter how odd the question, how obscure the
part, piece, or reference, how "silly" it would be to think that anyone
would know the answer, someone could come to this group and find out what
they need to know.

This group gets off topic posts because the "life experience" of its members
is so great. The political stuff is irritating, but then I have learned to
tune it out much like I have been forced to tune it out in "real life".

Jim

"Don Stauffer" wrote in message
I just dropped another newsgroup that I had subscribed to for over ten
years 'cause the OT was starting to overwhelm the on topic stuff.

About a year ago I took a sabbatical from this group for about six months
'cause of the amount of OT. It looks like it is time for another. There
is an old saying in economics that bad money drives out the good. I
wonder if the preponderance of bad messages is driving out the good.