Siggy

Why are the Feds (Read that you and I) the only ones who can spend money to
fix the NO levee problems?

If the 1.2 million people in the NO metro area wanted stronger levees they
should have paid for it themselves. After all, it is their choice to live
in such a prone area. As mentioned before, when the Army Corps of Engineers
said it would take $104 million to upgrade the levees and only got $54 the
NO residents could have chipped in a measly $41 each to bridge the gap. If
the locals aren't willing to spend a lousy $41 each to ensure the safety of
their town why should I?

Apparently, it's easier to say "Everyone but me is responsible" than it is
to say "I'm responsible."

"Abrasha" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
--

BTW, Betsy in 1965 also breeched the levee system, though not to this
extent. Since then dozens of studies have been done on what it would cost

Actually money had been allocated for the strengthening of the levees, but
is was withdrawn by the Bush administration. The money was needed
elsewhere, ... Iraq.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com