Lobster

Default loft insulation - best option?

Mike Mitchell wrote in message . ..
Whatever you do, DO NOT use the shredded/treated newspaper loose fill
that is blown in. The ruddy stuff gets everywhere. I wouldn't
recommend it to my worst enemy. Earlier this year I removed all of it
and put the standard roll-type down. This was not expensive at all (I
got mine from B&Q).

Heard a brilliant tale about this stuff from a joiner the other day.
Another customer had put the stuff down all over the roof space, then
some months later needed to get up there again for something. He
removed the access panel in the landing ceiling, and was promptly
deluged with the tons of the stuff - apparently the loft had been very
well ventilated and the prevailing wind had blown the whole lot down
one end of the loft, where the hatch was. SWMBO was delighted, I'm
told.

David