Kristian Ukkonen

and it compensates for backlash in the machine. There is a button that
will rezero the reading at any point but I have had a lot of trouble
with the scales losing synchronization with the readout due to the
flimsy nature of the electrical connection. When this happens you must
take out the batteries and leave them out for 1 minute, then replace.
Someone has suggested soldering the connections together but this would
be difficult as they are encased in plastic.
The battery covers and the contacts are very poorly made and have given

me much trouble. The contacts that the battery touches are .005" thick
and I had one break off when replacing the battery. It was replaced by
the vendor but I feel that These Chinese scales arev too pooly made to
bother with.
Engineman

There's no reason to use batteries, when one can supply
the power via the connector.. The connector pins are :

1. - power
2. clock
3. data out
4. + power

So, in my setup, I supply the power through this
connection and don't use any batteries. I have
soldered wires of a cable directly to the connector
of the caliper - it is easy when one takes away the
plastic cover of the electronics of the caliper.
I couldn't find connectors anyway, so soldering was
only option.

"Losing syncronization" is weird, as the scales
(calipers) send their position syncronously - about
10 times per seconds in slow mode - the display electronics
just wait for a new reading, convert it to displayable number,
and start waiting for next reading.. So if there is
connection problem, just reconnecting should make it work
again. I can't understand why one would need to switch off
for 1 minute - definitely not because of calipers.

Of course, I have no experience with the product
mentioned above - I have my own electronics for
reading the calipers. But the principle of operation
has to be the same.

Kristian Ukkonen.