Toolbert

I have developed here in New Zealand an air dryer specifically for
plasma cutters. I have many air dryer units out being used for this
purpose. One of the biggest problems you will have with a plasma cutter
is that humid, oily, compressed air, which will heat the torch, and
will rapidly cause tips to cut crooked, then electrodes and tips to
burn out. Compressed air filters will not solve this problem, as the
main problem is oil vapour, and these manufactured filters will not do
the job required, even though the manufacturers say they will.

My local dealer pushes a $60 'Motor Guard' paper cartridge filter with
their plasma sales, with a clear explanation that ordinary coalescing
filters are useless for plasma cutters, and by using the cartridge
filter I will avoid most problems with moisture, oil and other
contamination. In 5 years I have had zero problems.