Dave

Alex wrote:
Don Foreman wrote:
Alex wrote:

I shouldn't be able to stall it easily. But I can.
Some one suggested it might be the circuitry and wiring.
I have original 1927 wiring in my house. Is it any way I
can check if my wiring can handle the load? I have a
multimeter.

Using your multimeter, observe line voltage at the motor when
it is loaded. If the voltage dips, your wiring isn't up to
the load -- quite likely with 1927 wiring.

Please tell me exactly how to do it. I am an electrically
illiterate person

Uh, do you know enough to not electrocute yourself? Did the motor come
with instructions? If so did the instructions describe wiring options
for both 110V and 220V?