John

On 2 Sep 2005 23:46:41 -0700, wrote:

I have developed here in New Zealand an air dryer specifically for
plasma cutters.

snip

After experimenting a LOT more, I eventually found a way to stop this
happening and a significant increase in tip and electrode lifetime was
accomplished, now up to a week was the norm and swirl rings last
indefinatelly, another bonus is a very fine-straight-condensed cut,
deeper cutting and better penetration .

Are we to understand that you built a device which allows plasma
cutters to operate for up to 7 days of continuous cutting without
burning through a tip or electrode?

Three comments:

1.) If this is the case, you shouldn't have any difficulty marketing
the device, but you need to target your efforts properly. If you are
approaching manufacturers and telling them you can cut their
consumable life you are taking the wrong approach. Your angle should
be that if they manufacture and sell this device they can steal sales
from their competitors and dominate the market. It would also
increase their "brand equity" with consumers resulting in
complimentary sales of their other welding products.

2.) Perhaps you can post a photo somewhere that we can see?

3.) Please give a little more detail about the product. There are
plenty of commercial air dryers on the market, so what's so special
about your air dryer?

John