User Example

If your table is wood - real and solid wood - forget laminate.

It is. I've thought about sanding it down and re-finishing it but
frankly, I'm tired of constantly worry about people sitting wet
glasses down on it and the like.

I have a table that was handed down from my parents. It was bought new
around 1970 (the manufacture date is on the bottom of the table). It
has a dark wood appearing laminate surface and after over 35 years of
daily use (and abuse) it is still in awesome shape. The bottoms of the
legs are faded from mopping around the legs but it the surface is still
good looking (no scratches or nicks) and it doesn't wobble at all. I
still am using the original chairs that came with it and they are all in
excellent shape, too. They don't wobble and never have. The table's
look is outdated but I am scared to replace it because I doubt I could
find a table that would be good!