RBM

The instructions that come with your fan as well as the ones that come with
your angle ceiling kit assume that you have a fan support outlet box in the
ceiling already. You do not, so one must be installed. One post mentioned an
expanding retrofit box, which is a perfect solution. Westinghouse and a
number of other companies make such boxes and some are sold at HD. If you
don't completely understand the installation of this equipment, get help.
This thing is going to be spinning, vibrating and fairly heavy. If it's not
secure, it may come down

"Adam Preble" wrote in message
. ..
I'm trying to install a ceiling fan in my bedroom. It's on the top floor
of the house, and the ceiling angles up along the center of the room. A
light fixture was placed on one side, and I'm running wires from that a
foot over to a ceiling beam.

The problem is getting the angle correct. My fan can only handle a 12
degree angle at most, so I got a Hunter angle mount kit. I'm filling the
directions for "angle ceiling mounting," and it mentions a "wiring box."
It specifically doesn't mention it's not supplied--some of the other steps
show things it clearly labels as not supplied. I can't see clearly how
that is wired up. If anybody has done this before, do you have any ideas?

Can I proceed without it? It looks like the main thing is getting in the
hanger bracker, inserting the pin with the 36" extender rod I have, and
then pinning it in place. It also looks like I'm supposed to ground the
rod, but it doesn't mention it other than having a squiggly line.