Mary Fisher

"woodglass" wrote in message
. ..

I've been covered in honey bees - and stung by them so badly that my
companion took me to hospital because I displayed a (true) allergic
reaction.

WASN'T IT JUST A LOCAL REACTION???

No, I usually have a local reaction where I swell and itch for days but this
was a general one where I didn't swell but was sweating, covered in hives
(look it up), was vomiting and voiding and without treatment would have
passed out. You might have heard it referred to as Anaphylaxis

Local reactions react to such things as piriton, anti histames. General
reactions need an injection of adreniline.

Of course it's not as simple as that, in fact it's very complicated, but
allergies can kill, local reactions can't, they're just very uncomfortable.

Killing all the wasps you can see and all the nests you can find will NOT
rid you of wasps, it will, though, make you more likely to be stung.

AND HOW ???

Because you'll be in closer contact to them and they will be more likely to
defend themselves. Just ignore them. You get the odd sting? So what? If it's
the worst thing which ever happens to you you'll be very lucky.

Over and out.

Mary