JohnM

Fred McKenzie wrote:
In article , Darmok
wrote:

Long ago, in the days of the VCR, I had need of a substance/liquid
which would restore the myriad of rollers inside a VCR. Just so
happens that the local electronics shop carried a kit, which included
a 1 oz bottle of "Rubber Cleaner Revitalizer" and several foam tipped
applicators on long plastic sticks, with applicators on both ends,
angled differently to get into difficult places. I was skeptical, but
tried it, and it worked great. It also works great on my HP pickup
rollers ... anything rubber. The label on it says:

PRB Line
Rubber Cleaner Revitalizer
Part # RCR-21
Manufactured for Projector Recorder Belt
Whitewater, Wisconsin

Bill-

Check out http://www.russellind.com/index1.htm and click on PRB Line. It
appears to still be available in their downloadable catalog's chemicals
section.

PRB apparently stands for Projector Recorder Belt Co.

Fred

That sounds like some useful stuff.

To the OP: if you're going to try some solvent on the rollers, the
easiest way to get it on them will be to put some on a piece of paper
and send it through. If you want to try sanding them, send a piece of
pretty fine sandpaper in and hold it so the rollers spin on it a little,
then pull it back out. I'd not use anything coarser than about a 120
grit, maybe a little finer than that.

John