william_b_noble

for what it's worth, I bought a nova chuck and a bunch of jaws - found I
rarely chnaged them - in fact I have the large jaws, think I used them once,
the 50 mm ones are useful, and the small ones are good on rare occasion - I
don't think I've used anything except the 50 mm jaws in years.

bill
www.wbnoble.com

snip--------

So now I've got another $24.255 to spend!
Figure another set of jaws would come in
handy. Will the "spigot" jaws come in handy
for holding the "tenon"/dowel end of the
drawer pulls I intend to make?

Seems as if this slope is getting steeper.
$350 midi lathe
$ 69 StebCenter
$200 chuck
$200 +/- for some chisels and gouges
and there's still a couple of tool rests to
acquire and maybe a collets chuck. Then
there's the Escoulen (sp?) eccentric
chuck for around $275 . . .