Christopher Tidy

Alex wrote:
I just got a WEG Brazilian brand motor on eBay. It's new but was
manufactured 3 years ago. Instruction states that if stored for two
years bearings must be replaced or grease changed or grease must be
totally replaced. Also capacitors must be replaced.
If I do all of the above cost of the motor will probably triple.

Motor runs but seems to be underpowered for it's rating - NEMA 1.5HP

It will most likely be fine as it is. This is probably just a sort of
disclaimer the manufacturer adds to the instructions. Pump some more
grease into the bearings if there are grease nipples present. If not,
you could dismantle and inspect the grease - it's generally pretty easy
to tell if the grease has dried out.

What makes you think it is underpowered?

Chris