"No, what I have done is repositioned the wireing into an entirely
second
hole. The original hole was only for a light mount, and was screwed
into the drywall. I didn't want the fan falling on me, so I moved this

over about a foot to a beam. I have 4' wires for extending the
existing
connections, which I attached with some wire nuts. I have to deal with

the old hole, but that's not a functional issue. "

Hope your aware that per electical code, the original ceiling box from
which you ran the wire to the new box must remain accessible with a
cover plate, ie, you can't drywall over it or leave a splice in the
ceiling without access. That's one reason they make the expandable
hanger bars, so that you can position them between the joists.

"The problem now is that I see something labelled "wiring box" on the
diagram. I certainly don't have it, and it isn't a part of the things
that came with the kit. From what I can see, I have the wires, a beam,

and something to mount into it. I figure I am set but I want to make
sure I'm not missing something with that box. The only thing I can
tell
it helps with is distributing ground to the fan. That can be remedied
easily enough by attaching ground to all the ungrounded spots. "

There is no other box, other than the electical box the fan hangs from.
A wire secured to that box and connected to the incoming ground wire,
plus connecting the incoming ground wire to the fan ground wire is all
that is required.

"What I'm concerned about is if that box is supposed to provide some
kind
of stability or strength. "

The metal electrical box that you installed is all that's required to
hold the fan. Be sure it's securely fastened to a joist, or cross 2X4.