Robatoy

In article ,
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"
wrote:

Actually, I'm not even sure if CAD software is the correct terminology
for woodwork planning. Back on my last job, the mechanical engineers
used CAD packages to draw all sorts of 3D pictures. These packages
could get amazingly powerful ... with amazingly high prices too!

I'm just looking for something that would allow me to draw generic
pictures showing relative thickness of boards, placement of screws or
dowels or joint types, etc.

Now, I happen to have (purchased via Internet) Pat's plans for a really
nice fence. The pictures in his download file are far more elaborate
than I would need (albeit really nice!).

Anyway, I'd appreciate any suggestions for looking at various software
packages. I'm profient at CorelDraw, PowerPoint and others like that.
But they don't make construction drawings any easier.

Thanks!

Jack

SketchUp or Vectorworks. Both available for PC or Mac.