BillyBob

"Hedley" wrote in message
I hadn't thought about it before, but I guess I am already cheating on the
500$ budget constraint with my shopping. I'm not counting blades (three

or
four plus a dado set), the mobile base (need one) or any jigs I might buy
instead of make. If I had to include all that in the 500$, I'd be

starting
out with a 99$ Skil or something.

My first saw (which I still have) was about $1300. I had more money than
experience. I was dumbfounded when I got it assembled, lined up and came to
the step "mounting the blade" and there was none. What was even more
surprising - the dealer who sold it to me in person did not ask if I needed
any blades with it. Yep, the little "extras" to support a tablesaw sure can
get ya.

Bob