Andy Dingley

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 12:01:17 -0400, "George" George@least wrote:

Then 63% is not growing mold, is it?

No, but 63% on the gauge placed where you can see it is certainly alarm
bells time for "my storage in here could be going mouldy".

I've got something like 8 cheap air hygrometers dotted around the house
and workshop. They're only the couple-of-bucks sort, but they're all the
same model and once a year I line them up against a few proper readings
with known humidities (salt solutions) and a test against my swing
psychrometer, so they're reasonably consistent. It's interesting to get
a feeling for how humidity varies around my workshop and wood storage,
and in particular how some places are consistent and others show big
seasonal swings.