Check the whole setup. On occasion when we used those things 30 years
ago, the guides were also key to making the saw perform correctly. The
saw guide need to be clean, free of all debris and lightly lubricated.

If the saw blades seem to be the same size, and possibly the whole saw
frame and blade, try switching the blades/saw out. If you can test the
blade someway on the other setup, you can test to see of your blade was
sharpened correctly.

Sharpened does not mean sharpened correctly. These old blades were
quite finicky, and when we sent them out they were almost always ruined
by the guys with the industrial sharpener that didn't understand we
didn't need to have the profile of the tooth changed to fit his
sharpening machines.

We always sharpened ours with small files, and touched them up with
ignition point files (if any one here remembers those!) between the
really tedious full sharpening sessions.

Also loo at the set in the teeth, that is how far they are bent from
side to side. If there is difference in the set between the two
saws that might be the problem.

Are they both nice and shiny? Any rough spots? Looking closely, is
the tooth profile the same on each?

--

FF