Edwin Pawlowski

"Lee Gordon" wrote in message
One thing you can always count on when you ask for tool advice here is
that
whatever your declared budget, at least half the responders will recommend
something in excess of it.
I suppose this post is no exception.

This is often done with good reasoning behind it. The OP want to upgrade.
If he buys a $500 saw, he will be looking at the $750 ones in a few months
and covet the fence. If he had no saw at all, he may be very happy for a
few years with the $500 model. If you want to step up, make it a reasonable
large and long term happiness one. We've all done the former and that is
why we suggest waiting to get the "right" tool for long term use.