Dan_Musicant

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 13:46:56 -0400, "Ann" wrote:

:On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 18:23:22 +0000, The Watcher wrote:
:...
: I'm not looking to avoid all and every catastrophe, but I do try to get
: out of the way of the really obvious ones. The way to do that is pretty
: easy. Don't play on the highway. Don't live in an OBVIOUS flood-prone
: area(especially one that experiences hurricanes). Stay away from
: earthquake faults. Others are pretty obvious to rational people.
:
:I'm only speaking for what I know about, but the rules out living in the
:eastern US.

And the West Coast and Alaska. You might as well through in Hawaii there
because they do get hit with hurricanes from time to time (Kauai was
pretty devestated not long ago). When it comes down to it I guess you
can rule out 1/2 the country in terms of area if you insist on not
living where it's dangerous. Actually, maybe less than that. In the
Midwest and much of the South you are in danger from tornados. Since the
coasts are too dangerous, you have to live inland (not everyone's cup of
tea - not mine, I'll tell you.).