TURTLE

Bill wrote in message ...
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 , "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Offbreed" wrote in message
I sure wouldn't be able to tell where that was. I thought the whole city
was below sea level.

Most of it is, but there are a few high spots.

http://hurricane.lsu.edu/floodpredic...Elevation2.jpg
that has detailed elevations, very revealing

The announcement that was widespread, that the whole city was going to
fill to 10 -15' after the levee break, was wrong, but nobody seemed to
be thinking clearly. The lake was at about 5' at the time, so only
maybe 3 more feet max was going to come in. This lack of thinking may
have hampered rescue efforts. Many areas were clearly not in danger
... from more flooding at least.

Bill

This is Turtle.

there was some parts of New Orleans with 8 feet of water in them but how high
the water would get had nothing to do with the rescue effort for there was NO
effort going on at all. after all of this is over you will find out there was NO
efford to get the people out of N.O. at all. till Saturday when Bush and FEMA
got permission from Blanco and the Mayor to start the federal Aid to start
coming , there was no efford to get anybody out of anywhere. Bush and FEMA ask
the Governor Blanco and the Mayor of N.O. if they wanted federal Aide to move in
and bush and FEMA was told stay out we will handle this. If the Governor and
Mayor could have handled it theirself. the State and Governor would be getting
the $14Billion check to do the job of cleaning up, but if FEMA and Federal Aid
come in the money would be used by them to clean up and fix the city. The
governor want that money to devid up and just do very little as possible and to
keep the rest of it. the Governor and Mayor tried for a good retirement stab at
the money and lost big time. In a few months you will see or hear about this
stab at fame but failed.

TURTLE