C & M

"Rich Heimlich" wrote in message

snip

wondering if there's a way to add a veneer, after market, to such a
table and where I'd go to get it done. I called my local furniture
store and they said no way, that it had to be done at the factory.

From your follow up post we can assume that you don't have the tools or the
experience to do this to a satisfactory degree. Afterall, the laminate or
veneer is *not* cheap and a screw-up while learning could be pricey. So,
get it done professionally at a cabinet shop. This would be the folks who
build kitchens and not the furniture people who know very little about the
actual process.