Harry K

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Art wrote:
My irrigation contractor just informed me that the city will be
lowering psi to 58 in a few months so he will have to add a pump to
the irrigation plan he is about to install. I don't like the idea of
a booster pump so I asked him about a redesign of the system. He
shrugged that that would mean a 10 delay at least. Am I wrong to try
to avoid a pump? Seems like something more to break. Which is
better more zones and heads or a pump? Thanks for your help. This
is my first irrigation system.

Do it right and get it redesigned if needed. So you will wait 10 days.
Hopefully you will be living with a better system for the next 10 years. Do
you really want to keep thinking over the next 10 years that you wish you
had done it right and not had to fool with that &^$* pump?

58 psi seems like lots of pressure to me.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

58 psi is more than enough to run impact sprinklers (or any ohter type
of homeowner sprinklers). How many it will run depends on piping
sizes, restrictions, etc. Sounds to me like the current designer is
incompetent.

Harry K