Brad Bruce

stor wrote:
I presume you already
sprayed it with penetrating oil and are using a BF screwdriver to lever
on it, and a hammer to whack that screwdriver with.

ohhhh.... I didn't realize that's what it takes :-)

Seriously, I applied as much force as I thought was judicious (lacking
any experience with these things whatsoever). I thought when the lug
started to bend, that I was out of luck. Lacking any other solution, I
will attempt to be more "persuasive" on my next attempt.

The hammer is really what you need. It's like using an impact wrench on
a cars lug nut. The instantaneous force will "knock it loose".

Brad